Join The Team: Planner/Planning Architect
19th October 2016
Would You Like To Join The Team as a Planner / Planning Architect?
Blue Forest has an exciting and immediate position for a planner or qualified Architect with extensive planning experience. We are a multi-award winning specialist consultancy with a heritage in the design and construction of luxurious tree houses and unique sustainable buildings. Our portfolio includes everything from luxury tree house hideaways for the rich and famous to exclusive accommodation for the hotel and leisure industry, coupled with a strong presence in the Education sector.
This role has been created as we are expanding to meet the demands of our wide portfolio of clients and the delivery of an ambitious nationwide project covering commercial leisure schemes within rural areas of outstanding natural beauty.
To be successful in this role you will need to be educated to a degree level in a planning related discipline or be a qualified architect possessing at least 3-5 years’ experience. You will need to have extensive experience in the preparation and negotiation of carefully considered planning applications in sensitive locations.
The role will include preparing planning statements, planning feasibility studies, preparing and submitting applications of varying scale and complexity. You will be delivering work to set deadlines and conveying advice internally to our in house design and project delivery teams as well as to external clients.
Individuals should be confident in client facing situations, thrive in a team environment, have good presentation and communication skills, first-rate commercial awareness, excellent time management and organisational ability, and possess strong report writing skills.
Key role responsibilities
• Seeking and collating proposals from specialist consultants.
• Reviewing consultants reports and ensuring applications are comprehensive, coordinated and consistent.
• Drafting of documents such as planning supporting statements and Design and Access Statements in relation to applications for planning permission.
• Co-ordinating the production of application plans and drawings.
• Undertaking planning policy research and analysis, identifying planning strategies and risks.
• Producing detailed technical plans using AutoCAD or similar software.
• Undertaking site appraisals including desk based research, data analysis and site visits where required.
• Attending and contributing to client progress meetings, design team meetings and debriefs*.
• Coordinating with Blue Forest’s in house design and project delivery teams.
*The role is primarily office based but it may be necessary to undertake site visits and travel across the UK and Europe where necessary.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Methodical, logical and analytical approach, with strong communication and negotiation skills.
• A detailed knowledge of the principles of architecture, coupled with an awareness of the social and environmental impact of timber construction.
• Strong experience of terminology, methods, practices and techniques of architectural drafting.
Closing date: 4th November 2016
Salary: Competitive, dependant on experience
Start date: Immediate
Type of Contract: Permanent Full Time
Please apply via email to email@example.com
Please note the role will be based at our offices in Wadhurst so applicants must have their own transport due to rural location. Only successful applications will be acknowledged/responded to.